Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 11/6/2016
The ancient and profound knowledge of Tibetan medicine is slowly making headway in the West and entering the mainstream culture of health and well-being. This development is thanks to the continuous efforts of many scholars and dedicated individuals and institutions. who tirelessly work to keep alive not only the medical tradition but also all other aspects of Tibetan civilization with its priceless cultural heritage. This book contains the proceedings of the Third Tibetan Cultural Event - Tibetan Medical Seminar, held in Tenerife (Spain) in 2013. Participants included distinguished Tibetan doctors residing and working both in Tibet and the West.
Speakers: Professor Namkhai Norbu, Dr. Kunchok Gyaltsen, Dr. O Tsokchen (Ai Cuo Qian), Dr. Lhusham Gyal, Dr. Kunchok Gyaltsen, Dr. Phuntsog Wangmo, Fabio Andrico
1. Prof. Namkhai Norbu: Origin and History of Tibetan Medicine
2. Dr. Kunchok Gyaltsen: The Influence of Behavior and Lifestyle on Health
3. Dr. Lhusham Gyal: Dealing with Mental Illnesses from the Perspective of Tibetan Medicine
4. Dr. Phuntsog Wangmo and Fabio Andrico: The Practice of Yantra Yoga for a Correct Balance Between Mind, Energy, and Body
5. Dr. Phuntsog Wangmo: Diet, Behavior, and Care of Pregnant Woman According to Tibetan Medicine
6. Dr. Lhusham Gyal: Methods of Diagnosis in Tibetan Medicine
7. Dr. Kunchok Gyaltsen, Dr. Phuntsog Wangmo, and Aldo Oneto: External Therapies in Tibetan Medicine: Theory, Practice, and Demonstration
8. Dr. Phuntsog Wangmo: Conception and Embryology According to Tibetan Medicine
9. Dr. Kunchok Gyaltsen: Diet Based on Personal, Seasonal, and Environmental Conditions
10. Dr. Phuntsog Wangmo: Birth and Pediatrics in Tibetan Medicine
11. Dr. Lhusham Gyal: Preparation and Usage of Tibetan Herbal Medicines
12. Dr. Kunchok Gyaltsen: Geriatrics in Tibetan Medicine
13. Concluding Remarks by Chögyal Namkhai Norbu and Phuntsog Wangmo
14. Chögyal Namkhai Norbu: Death According to Tibetan Medicine
No customer comments for the moment.